Category A (Motorcycle > 35 KW)
Application for a permit
Documents to furnish:
Minimum age: 20 years
- Medical certificate: less than 3 months old
- 1 passport photo a recent passport photo (taken frontally) in 45 x 35 mm format
- Photocopy of your identity card
- Signature of the application
- Extract from your criminal record of your country of origin if you have been resident in Luxembourg for less than 5 years
- Be in possession of an A2 driving licence for at least 2 years
- Have successfully completed the practical motorbike training at the driving school centre
To ride a tricycle with a power of more than 15 kW, you must have a class A driving licence and be at least 21 years old.
It is prohibited to tow a trailer with a vehicle in categories AM, A1, B100, A2 and A.
(This provision applies to licences issued on or after 19 January 2013)