CATEGORY B (CAR)
Application for a permit
Documents to furnish:
Minimum age: 17 1/2 years
- Medical certificate: less than 3 months old
- 1 passport photo a recent passport photo (taken frontally) in 45 x 35 mm format
- Photocopy of your identity card
- Signature of the application by one of your parents + photocopy of their identity card if you are under 18 years old
- Extract from your criminal record of your country of origin if you have been resident in Luxembourg for less than 5 years
Minimum number of theoretical hours :
(6 hours if a driving license of another class is available).
Minimum number of practical hours :
The class B driver’s license allows you to drive the following vehicles:
- Passenger vehicle (car) up to 9 seats (including driver) and whose maximum permissible mass does not exceed 3500kg.
- Panel van
- Moped with 50 cm3
- Trailer up to 750kg (MMA)
Issuance of driver’s license:
Once the practical test is passed, the provisional driver’s license is issued for the duration of the stage time, which is 24 months.
At the earliest 3 months after the issuance of this provisional driving license, the holder must attend a practical driving course at the “Centre de Formation pour Conducteurs” in Colmar-Berg.
After the stage time and the participation in the “Centre de Formation pour Conducteurs” the final license will be issued.